The problem with recommendations is that a good recommendation is based on a thorough knowledge of the situation and the individual. On-paper recommendations may be terrible for you because you and your use-case are different than what the author of this is imagining. Guaranteed. Keep that in mind.
The EOTech EXPS and The Aimpoint T-2 are the two main optics that we recommend to most people. The reason being they are both fantastic for different reasons!
Generally speaking, the EOTech will be for those who want something easy, affordable, and simplistic with a wide use-set.
- Large FOV
- Famous “Bullseye” Reticle (good for speed)
- Crisp 1 MOA center dot (good for distance)
- Crisp use in conjunction with magnifiers (due to the holographic tech)
The Aimpoint T2 is for those who want something more modular, night vision friendly, and lighter weight.
- Long Battery life
- Constantly Stays On and Ready to Go
- Small Profile/Mounting Footprint
- Wide Range of mounting options.
- Light Weight
- Wide range of brightness and night vision settings
The bottom line is, they are both excellent optics that we use and trust. It all boils down to your preference and your specific needs!